RSVP has just been updated with the following two new features:
- A deadline may be set for a RSVP. After the deadline all responses will be ignored. For further details click here
- SMS text messages may be sent to members. For further details click here
As part of the GDPR project Rotary eBoard (RSVP) was moved to new servers in the UK on 18th August 2018.
If anyone notices any issues after the move please let us know via our contact form.
We will soon add a server certificate to the Rotary eBoard (RSVP) site which will ensure that data transferred between the user and the server will be encrypted. You will be able to see when the certificate has been applied as you will see a small padlock in the browser address bar.
Rotary eBoard (RSVP) is being updated to conform with the new GDPR regulations which will be in effect from 25th May 2018.
- Club administrators have been asked to gain their members consent to have their details stored in Rotary eBoard.
- Notices have been added to the login screen and emails notifying the users that their consent is required to continue use of Rotary eBoard
- The application will be moved to servers in the UK
- A secure server certificate will be added to the site to increase the security of the transfer of the data between the server and the user’s browser
From Lorraine Wong from the Rotary Club of Dorchester Casterbridge:
“I find RSVP a really straight forward and intuitive system to use and it has cut down considerably on club admin and confusion with numbers and meal choices. This is particularly important when our club has to cover the cost of our ‘errors’ with the venue. We can now go straight to the member ‘at fault’.”
This club is so pleased with eBoard that they have recommended it to a club in New Zealand!. We have set them up with a trial account so eBoard is going international.
Users since October 2013, this club have found it enables them to manage their weekly meetings much better and can get the numbers right for meals. They had no hesitation in signing up to continue using eBoard.